“If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison

Monday, July 7, 2014

Beautiful People: Rhona




Since I did Marianne last week, this month, I'm going to do my second major character, Rhona Ranling.






1) What’s their favourite food? (Bonus: favourite flavour of chocolate!)
Nunta, a "bread-of-the-road" (for royal servants...but more like a festive bread for peasants) with berries. Favourite flavour of chocolate? Milk chocolate. (She first has it at the royal palace.)

2) What do they absolutely hate?
Being looked down upon as someone lesser than the person in question. Or anyone, for that matter.

3) What do they enjoy learning about?
Rhona loves to learn anything outdoors-y, like horseback riding and gardening.

4) Who is the most influential person in their life?
Her foster mother, who taught her everything (important) that she needed to know about life.

5) What is their childhood fear?
That she would be just another peasant child, the same as all the other children in her village. This led her to being shunned by the other children (which she didn't care about)...except for the young boys who had crushes on her (and there were a lot of them).

6) What is something they have always secretly dreamed of doing, but thought impossible?
Rhona has always had this impossible dream of walking up to the royal castle, and that they would accept her as one of them, just like that.

7) What is something she is impractically afraid of?
Hahaha...not much. Spider? Flick. Heights? No biggie. Hmm...I'll have to think about this one, obviously.

8) Are they a night owl or morning person?
If I had to choose one, night owl. But that's more because of her background and having to stay up late to finish washing the dishes and so forth. In fact, she's more of an early-to-bed-early-to-rise person.

9) Do they say everything that pops into their head, or leave a lot unsaid?
It really depends. She usually leaves a lot unsaid (not because she's shy, but because she doesn't believe it necessary). But when she's angry, she says quite a lot...and more.

10) What are their nervous habits?
She plays with the ring on her finger, the one that belonged to her real mother, a royal (which she doesn't know until much later in life).


On a not-completely-unrelated note...I just had a heart attack. I found that I LOST THE ONE GOOD CHARACTER PICTURE I HAD OF RHONA. I am heartbroken. :( But, wait! What light shines from that other window? I can go look on Pinterest! Yes! Yes, my precious! I must go on a picture spree through my special Pinterest board to find another others that work.



Ohhhhhh.... I love this. I really, really love this. Maybe even more than the picture I lost!



And THIS... This gives me a super-awesome idea for the prequel I already started planning a few years ago.


And so all ends well. But here's a lesson for all you: never never NEVER leave your pictures unsaved. Save them twice or thrice, if possible. ANYTHING to keep from losing them. You don't know what agony that is.

10 comments:

  1. Nice answers! The story sounds interesting just from this character.

    ~Robyn Hoode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. After I started writing from this character's perspective, I almost didn't want to write from my other main character's perspective. :P

      Delete
  2. Hello, coming from the linkup!

    I quite like the answer for #7 for some reason. #10 is something I do, too! Except, it's my Gramma's ring, and she's not a royal.

    Ugh, I hate losing things :( I'm glad you found more pictures, though! And I love those two, especially the second one.

    wow.barefootinthesnowjack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do, too - though it's a purity ring. :)

    Thanks for coming over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a purity ring, too... but it's broke right now :(

      I enjoyed reading about Rhona. (And I forgot to mention that I love her name!)

      I'll be looking forward to more posts! And I'm planning on reading the one about Marianne, as soon as I finish procrastinating about it ;) I've several posts in queue. I'm as bad with posts as I am with books!

      Delete
    2. That's sad. :(

      Thank you! Yeah, I'm really bad at reading posts, too - unless it's on one certain blog I really love. haha

      Delete
  4. Ooh, definite agony at losing a perfect picture. >-< I love pinterest for it, though I have secret fears of what if pinterest shuts down? WHAT WILL I DO?? So fingers crossed that never happens. x)

    Rhona sounds really interesting! And another night owl! I'm finding it's common for that answer across all the blogs...although they say smart people stay up later at night, right?! x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be horrible if Pinterest shut down! D:

      I'm a night owl, so that probably influenced the answer. :) I CAN get up early in the morning if I want to (hahaha okay maybe 6 a.m. is my early, don't judge)...but if I have someone pushing and prodding at me to get up at 10 a.m. (aka my sister), LEAVE ME ALONE.

      Delete
  5. She sounds really interesting! I'm liking the sound of nunta ... mmm ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's perfectly delicious! I still have yet to make it. ;)

      Delete

I'm psyched that you want to bless me with a comment! I dearly love to get any comment about my work, so feel free to critique and/or provide comments/suggestions! God bless! :)