“If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison

Saturday, December 14, 2013

How To Write a Really Good Book

My Blogger friend Una just wrote this beautiful and very true post about writing. I hope that you will check it out. I will provide a link underneath the excerpt.


Deep fiction is hard to write.  In order to bare the depths of a character's soul, you have to dig deep inside your own.  And frankly, sometimes it's not pleasant to get too deep.  It's not pleasant to acknowledge your own faults and flaws.  That's why it can hurt to be a writer.  Every character whom you turn inside out has a tiny bit of you in them.  A tiny bit of you that others can hate or love, loathe or adore.  Being a writer means being vulnerable and acknowledging that you have flaws.  That you have a past.  That you have troubles.  Nobody's whitewashed; not on the outside and definitely not on the inside. 

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm psyched that you want to bless me with a comment! I dearly love to get any comment about my work, so feel free to critique and/or provide comments/suggestions! God bless! :)