“If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison

Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Plans for NaNo

So...

I seem to start a lot of posts with 'so', just to let you know. (Hey, that rhymed!)

As some of you may know and many will probably not, for the last year or two, I have been a complete loser when it comes to writing. High school and college have almost forced writing out of my life with all the work I have to do. When I do have time to relax, it's usually to watch an episode of Doctor Who or something like that.

So for this year's NaNoWriMo, I'm not doing anything fancy. I'm not going to write a novel. Heck, I'm not even going to force myself into working only on one singular novel idea. I am going to work on any story idea that comes to my head because bad habits are hard to break. It's going to be hard for me to start writing again. I'm going to use this wonderful little website called 750 Words. And, no, I'm not writing 750 words a day. I know that I don't always have time to write, so I'm going to strive for 750 x 30 = 22500 words this month. That probably sounds like nothing to the rest of you amazing writers, but I'm a weird case.

If I manage to get to my goal (which I sort of doubt - yeah, that's how much out of shape I am) - I'll try a 1000 x 30 = 30000 word goal next month.

And maybe I'll tickle my weaknesses and bribe myself by deciding to buy one of those delicious white-chocolate chip cookies at school. Maybe.


This is why I can't stand to have my sister looking over my shoulder as I write. She corrects my grammar ALL THE TIME.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Your word count goal's actually not that bad. With school and everything, it can be very hard to find time to write enough words to win NaNo. I'm sure that everyone who's done some sort of schooling can testify to that. At least, I can. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm psyched that you want to bless me with a comment! I dearly love to get any comment about my work, so feel free to critique and/or provide comments/suggestions! God bless! :)