“If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison

Monday, August 26, 2013

Thank Goodness High School Is Over (aka ROBOTIC)

I wrote this as a very tired Alyianna during exam time in June. I didn't think I was going to post this, but I decided to anyway.



Swipe, swipe. My hand moves a cloth rhythmically over the kitchen floor. Rhythmically and automatically.

They have succeeded. I am now a robot, good for nothing but poring over textbook and chunking out test scores for my parents. It's not for me anymore - I'm too tired and despondent and too robotic to think about that.

They've made me into the new woman, made in their image. I'm ready to listen to and then spew out any propaganda they tell me. But I when repeat it, it's in a tired voice. Who cares about Hobbes and Locke and Rousseau and Smith?

1 comment:

  1. About something similar is song "Roboty do roboty" by Arka Noego from Poland :)
    lyrics:
    Znów pracuje ja ten robot zaprogramowany
    Nigdy nie mam na nic czasu mam na wszystko plany
    Czasem myślę sobie tak trochę załamany
    Czy istnieje jakiś robot tak zapracowany

    Czuję się jak jedna Marta co o wszystko dbała
    A przytulić się o Ciebie czasu już nie miała
    Piorę , sprzątam i gotuje ciągle zasapana
    Nie mam czasu znowu być w Tobie zakochana

    Nie jestem robotem
    moje serce bije
    Roboty do roboty
    a ja dla Ciebie żyję

    Nie jestem robotem
    moje serce bije
    Roboty do roboty

    Jestem żywy i prawdziwy
    moje serce biję
    Roboty są do roboty
    ja dla Ciebie żyję

    3x Zakręcony od tylu lat
    Ratuję świat
    i nie może się zakochać

    Zakręcony od tylu lat
    Ratuję świaaaaat!!

    2x Nie jestem robotem
    moje serce bije
    Roboty do roboty
    a ja dla Ciebie żyję

    ReplyDelete

I'm psyched that you want to bless me with a comment! I dearly love to get any comment about my work, so feel free to critique and/or provide comments/suggestions! God bless! :)