“If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Villains in May: Daniel Hill

Soo...now that I have the writing blog up, I decided that I would go look for the posts of Beautiful People. What is Beautiful People, you ask? Well, it is this writing interview-ish thing  made by two blogger friends, Georgie and Sky, who make up questions every month that are a good writing exercise (AND have given me some plot ideas as I've done them :P).

But when I went to go find the newest monthly post, I found out that Georgie and Sky have put the posts off for now until they have more time to do them. So I thought that I might as well use one of the old posts as a writing exercise, since I haven't done it yet, anyway.

The post I found first was a question post about the villains of our stories that was posted in May of last year. And that's where I came up with the title. My sister Mia (age nine) who is standing watching me do this post doesn't think much of the name...I hope some of you might like it. :)

I am going to answer these questions with the villain of my major WIP, Daniel Hill. Why did I name him that? Well, part of it was the laziness on my part - I just wanted to think of a quick name. But actually, it's not too bad because it sounds like the name of any normal guy...right? That's just what I want you to think...because appearances are deceiving. Oh, they are so deceiving.

Without further ado, let's go on to the questions!


I envision Daniel looking something like this.


1. What is their motive? & 2. What are they prepared to do to get what they want? Daniel is a person who wants to get what he wants, and he'll do anything he can to reach that goal. Take his life on Earth, for example. He became a priest, pretending to have a calling, to be able to use that innocent position for his own evil purposes. Then his big chance came when the aircraft from Pieno landed on Earth. Since he had sold his soul to the devil to help him get whatever he wanted, it was just a piece of cake for Daniel to get the men on the aircraft under his control...and the people and Ustah (king) of Pieno, when he reached there.
3. Are they evil to the core, or simply misunderstood? Definitely evil to the core. You can already see that by his selling of his soul to the devil.
4. What was their past like? What about their childhood? Was there one defining moment that made them embrace their evil ways? I already gave some of Daniel's past in #1/#2. About childhood or a defining moment, haven't gotten that far yet. I might someday think about that, though.
5. Now that they’re evil, have they turned their back on everyone, or is there still someone in their life that they care for? (Brother? Daughter? Love interest? Mother? Someone who is just as evil as they are?) Nope. He's on his own, and anyone that he might seem to care for, he really is just using to get to his next goal. He works alone.
6. Do they like hugs? HAHA! I would say not. ;)
7. Are they plagued by something? (Nightmares, terrible thoughts?) Not so far as I know. I'll get back to you on that next time I have a chat with Daniel. xD (Actually, check question #9.)
8. Who are they more similar to: Gollum or Maleficent? Maleficent, definitely. Not poor little Smeagol, gollum.
9. If your villain could have their choice of transportation what would it be? Oooh...something big, that draws astonishment and fear from those who see it, and, of course, evil. ;) Maybe a big aircraft/space shuttle. Which would actually tie with my novel idea for what happens after this novel...
10. If you met your villain in the street, how afraid would you be? Are they evil enough to kill their creator? I probably wouldn't even notice him. He would just look like any normal guy. Oh, yes, he believes in God and knows he was created by Him...but he's on the devil's side and views himself as working against God. His one fear is that God will someday catch up with him and make him lose all of what he worked for. But except for God, he views himself as invincible with the devil on his side.

3 comments:

  1. Woah. Creepy dude. Sounds like the kind of person I'd cross the street to avoid. :D Good villain though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ;) I haven't written much on him, yet, as I've done more planning in my head than actual writing. :P

      Delete

I'm psyched that you want to bless me with a comment! I dearly love to get any comment about my work, so feel free to critique and/or provide comments/suggestions! God bless! :)