“If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison

Saturday, March 30, 2013

My NEWEST Work-In-Progress

Soo...I've started work on yet another novel. If you aren't groaning and saying, "Oh, Alyianna..." YOU SHOULD BE. I don't know if I can even count the number of novels I have started and left to the wayside. Some of them, yes, I have been working on - like FOTN. Others I have a feeling that I will actually return to (such as Beyond the Fence or Kat's Story...these titles will meaning nothing to all of you - yes, I will get around to posting an excerpt sometime).

But I am pretty excited about this new novel. I combined a Les Mis fanfiction idea (dropping the fanfiction part) and a novel idea I got last week from my history textbook (from this one point in history that really intrigued me). So what point of history was this? The siege of Zaragoza by Napoleon (Zaragoza is in Spain, by the way). What caught my interest about this siege? Well, the people of Zaragoza were the last people in Spain to be able to hold on against Napoleon's forces. I did some extra research on it, and I was able to even find a book about it on Gutenberg - hopefully I will be able to make my way through it. ;)

Next on my research list is to find about the lives of people in the early 1800s in France. One of my characters is to be a young man in Napoleon's army against Zaragoza. Another character is a peasant girl living in Zaragoza. My main main character is a girl, who is almost like a go-between...but she's from the future. ;)

Sound interesting? I hope you are...post a comment if you want me to post an excerpt from my latest WIP!

6 comments:

  1. How cool! Historical fiction is way awesome. :)

    Another historical time travel fiction work you may want to read (to give you pointers/ideas/I don't know, it's just a really good book series) is the River of Time stuffs, by Lisa T. Bergren. The first of the books is "Waterfall."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may just check that out. :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds interesting! go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds cool! I, too, start so many stories, and yet... I've never finished one. Well, one ended up in the dumpster by a friend's house, but that's another story. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an interesting one. ;) You, too! And thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete

I'm psyched that you want to bless me with a comment! I dearly love to get any comment about my work, so feel free to critique and/or provide comments/suggestions! God bless! :)